Hamilton Canal & Maha Oya Boat Trip
HAMILTON CANAL & MAHA OYA BOAT TRIP
Take a meandering boat ride along the Hamilton Canal – once the lifeline of Dutch trade, and the Maha Oya to catch a glimpse of tropical village life by the waterfront. Inhabited by Negombo’s fisher folk, their day to day lives can be quite a stark contrast in simplicity as you watch them go about their daily chores and routines.
On the way, you will see a natural bamboo forest, enjoy some local refreshment in the form of the coconut toddy, and also stop by for a quick swim in the shallows. This trip is also a great option for Ornithologists.
- Pick up from Colombo at 7:30 AM
- Transfer to Negombo – 01 hour drive approximately
- Commence the boat trip by 09:00 AM from Negombo pier
- Lunch at a beachside or riverside restaurant (Optional)
- Return to Negombo boat pier by 2 or 3 PM
- Return to Colombo by 3 or 4 PM
About this activity
- Duration 8 hours
- Pick-up service
- Pickup from hotels in Colombo or agreed place.
Tour package Includes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation by private vehicle
- English-speaking driver
- Bottled water
- First Aid box
- Life jackets
Tour Package excludes
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Optional gratuities
- Entrance fee
When you get there
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- The duration of the transfers is approximate and will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel.
- The tour is subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date.
Relax Lanka’s Extras (Value Plus) on Complimentary Basis:
Complimentary cultural show entrance tickets for 2 pax.
01 local SIM card (data/voice) loaded with USD 03.
Free upgrade to the next room category on availability.
Standard check-in time and check-out time at the hotels 1400 Hrs – 1200 Hrs.
Availability at hotels is subject to confirmation of the tour and travel dates
Please note we require 30% of the payment on confirmation with the balance settled 15 days prior to arrival, or full payment can be settled on confirmation.
Any cancellation should be notified in writing, 10 days prior to the arrival date, 40% would be charged , for cancellations made within 7 days , and for ‘No Shows 100 % would be charge.