Pinnawala & Peradeniya Day Tour
PINNAWELA & PERADENIYA DAY TOUR
A day trip to Kandy can be considered wholly incomplete without a visit to the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage and the Royal Botanical Gardens in Peradeniya.
At Pinnawala be prepared to watch some heart-warming sights of orphaned baby elephants being bottle fed, and other adolescent elephants cared for and bathed in the Mahaweli River. Here you can also learn about the plight of these majestic animals and the steps being taken to protect and preserve their habitats.
Meanwhile, the Royal Botanical Gardens in Peradeniya is an oasis of rare plant life and trees, with a vast spread of carefully tended gardens representing the 4000 species in Sri Lanka including orchids, spices, medicinal plants, and palms.
In Kandy you can enjoy a special daily cultural show that includes a colourful music and dance performance by traditional artistes, followed by a city tour that will take you through the city’s markets, curio shops, and a leisurely walk around the lake.
- Pick up from agreed departure point
- Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage
- Elephant Walk Experience (Optional)
- Royal Botanical Garden Peradeniya
- The Temple of the Tooth Relic
- Kandy City tour
- Visit a tea factory
About this activity
- Duration 12 hours
- Pickup from hotels in Colombo or agreed place.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate.
Tour package Includes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation by private vehicle
- English-speaking driver
- Bottled water
Tour Package excludes
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Optional gratuities
- Entrance fee
When you get there
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- All visitors to Buddhist and Hindu temples are expected to remove their shoes and hats. Shoulders and knees should also be covered.
- Suitable clothes with sandals or flip flops are recommend for the Temple of the Tooth Relic and all other religious sites
- The duration of the transfers is approximate and will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel.
- The tour is subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date.
Relax Lanka’s Extras (Value Plus) on Complimentary Basis:
Complimentary cultural show entrance tickets for 2 pax.
01 local SIM card (data/voice) loaded with USD 03.
Free upgrade to the next room category on availability.
Standard check-in time and check-out time at the hotels 1400 Hrs – 1200 Hrs.
Availability at hotels is subject to confirmation of the tour and travel dates
Please note we require 30% of the payment on confirmation with the balance settled 15 days prior to arrival, or full payment can be settled on confirmation.
Any cancellation should be notified in writing, 10 days prior to the arrival date, 40% would be charged , for cancellations made within 7 days , and for ‘No Shows 100 % would be charge.